Official Indiana Jones Widget

Thursday, February 21, 2008

This week in review

Here's what I picked up this week:

IMMORTAL IRON FIST: ORSON RANDALL AND THE GREEN MIST OF DEATH #1

Even though this issue feels like a pause in the action of the current story arc, the art and story are quite entertaining. The Iron Fist universe is a nice break from the standard Marvel universe and opens up a lot of interesting stories. Orson Randall, the golden age Iron Fist, is a likeable character, and this flashback story provides some critical context for the next issue of the main story line.

Wizard has several page previews here.


The Spirit #14

After Darwyn Cooke's fantastic run on this comic, I was concerned that the new creative team wouldn't hold my interest. I was plesantly surprised on how solid this issue was and how much the new team recaptured the look and feel of Will Eisner's original.

Essential Iron Man




I've started picking up value-based Essential collections on slow weeks, so this week I grabbed the Iron Man volume 1 collection. I love getting more than 500 pages of comics for less than $20!

No comments: